Spinning disk confocal time-lapse imaging of the first mitosis in a C. elegans embryo expressing GFP-CeCENP-A in which KNL-2 has been depleted by RNAi. GFP-CeCENP-A was imaged (strain OD101). Diffuse nuclear GFP signal is evident during prophase. However, unlike the control (CIL 28780), no discrete GFP foci were seen at any point. The video is ?12 min long, and the frame is ?30 µm top to bottom. DIC is shown on the left, and GFP is shown on the right.
Images were acquired via a spinning disk confocal microscope (CSU10; McBain Instruments) mounted on an inverted microscope (TE2000e; Nikon). Strain TH32 coexpressing GFP-histone H2b and GFPâγ-tubulin was imaged using a 60× 1.4 NA plan Apo objective with 1.5× auxiliary magnification and a cooled CCD camera (Orca ER; Hamamatsu) binning 2 × 2. Strain OD31 expressing GFPâKNL-2 was imaged in the same manner without the 1.5× auxiliary magnification.
- NCBI Organism Classification
- Caenorhabditis elegans
- Cell Type
- Cellular Component
- Paul S. Maddox
- Francie Hyndman
- Joost Monen
- Karen Oegema
- Arshad Desai
- J Cell Biol. 2007 Mar 12;176(6):757-63. Epub 2007 Mar 5.
GroupingThis image is part of a group.
- Image Type
- recorded image
- Imaging Mode
- spinning disk confocal microscopy
- differential interference contrast microscopy
- Parameters Imaged
- fluorescence emission
- optical path length gradient
- Source of Contrast
- distribution of a specific protein
- boundaries between regions with different refractive index
- Visualization Methods
- visualization of contiguous regions
- Processing History
- unprocessed raw data
|Spatial Axis||Image Size||Pixel Size|